UNIQUE TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT SYSTEM
Three-Dimensional Hyperthermia with Non-Invasive Magnetic Resonance (MR) Imaging Capabilities.
The BSD-2000 3D MRI System combines the advanced treatment and control capabilities of the Sigma Eye applicator with the non-invasive capabilities of monitoring the patient’s body temperature. The use of MRI to measure temperature during hyperthermia treatment finally solved the problem of controlling the heat dose in areas that could not be reached with a temperature probe without invasively penetrating patient’s tissue, such as the liver or pancreas.
To minimize the interaction between the magnetic resonance and the hyperthermia devices, special filters are installed in both systems, thus eliminating interference problems, the so-called „artifacts”.
BSD-2000 3D MRI main features
- Non-invasive MRI during hyperthermia treatments provides the capability to monitor changes in temperature.
- Electromagnetic (EM) phased array hyperthermia applicator with 3D heating pattern and shaping control
- 3D, patient-specific, treatment planning workstation
- 3D optimization of radiated power amplitudes and phases
- Does not require any additional RF room shielding beyond the existing for MR system
Integration with the magnetic resonance system
- BSD-2000 3D MRI is compatible with many different MR systems with bore 60 cm or more. The compatibility table is available on the „To download” bookmark
- The MR systems remains still available for standard diagnostic imaging purposes.